Visits & Visitors
Having our own school minibus means that we are able to take children on trips regularly without the expense of coach hire.
We firmly believe that real-life, first-hand experiences help contextualise learning, make learning more enjoyable and consequently drive up standards.
Pupils in each class benefit from at least 2 trips out per term, and often more. We also have a busy programme of visitors to school, helping to bring learning to life!
This year alone children have benefited from the following (to name but a few):
- Jodrell Bank (Science - Earth and Beyond).
- Helmshore Textile Mill (History - Victorians).
- Ribchester (History - Romans).
- Liverpool Museum (Natural History).
- Holmeswood Wood (Art - Sculpture Trail).
- Chapel Gallery (Art).
- Wild Things Outdoors (Resilience and Teamwork).
- Life Education Bus (Personal, Social & Health Education).
- Ormskirk Magistrates Court (PSHE - democracy and the judicial system).
- Clay workshop.
- Nutrition and Healthy Eating Talks delivered by West Lancs Community Voluntary Service..
- Online Safety Workshops delivered by Coram Life Education Charity.
- Mobile Farm visit.
- Knowsley Safari Park.
- International Aid Trust Depot (delivering Operation Christmas Child shoe-boxes).
- Performance of The BFG at Bolton's Octagon Theatre.
- Science Under the Stars event at Edge Hill University.
- Clog Dancing workshops followed by a performance at Tarleton Academy.
During the summer term each year we take children in the Junior class (7-11 yr olds) on a residential holiday. We alternate between an Outdoor and Adventurous Activity holiday and a cultural excursion. Venues we have visited in past years inlcude:
- 2019 - Llanberis (Upper Juniors)
- 2019 - Borwick Hall (Lower Juniors)
- 2018 - Ambleside
- 2017 - Cardiff
- 2016 - Anglesey
- 2016 - Ski Trip to Abernethy, Scotland
- 2015 - London (Upper Juniors)
- 2015 - Borwick (Lower Juniors)
- 2014 - Elterwater, Cumbria
- 2013 - Edinburgh
- 2012 - Betwy-y-Coed, North Wales
- 2011 - London
- 2010 - Hawkshead, Cumbria
- 2009 - Cardiff
- 2008 - Keswick, Cumbria