(Tarleton and Rural District Schools)
We are proud to be members of the TARDIS cluster of schools.
The TARDIS family, spearheaded by a Headteachers' network, collaborate on strategic improvement aims for the benefit of our pupils.
Through mutual support and by encouraging challenge, in an ethos of trust and partnership, we strengthen the work we do and improve outcomes for our children.
The cluster works to enhance opportunities for local children in a variety of ways, which include:
- Sharing good practice across our family of schools and focusing of local issues/priorities.
- Organising a programme of enrichment activities throughout the year which offer challenge, develop confidence and celebrate achievements across the broader curriculum (for example, STEM days, Spelling Bees, Performing Arts Festivals, Public Speaking events etc).
- Through our subcommittee, TASA (the TARDIS Active Schools Alliance), organise a comprehensive range of opportunities for children to take part in competitive and non-competitive physical activity - increasing participation and promoting health & fitness.
TARDiS Member Schools:
OWLS Teacher Training
(Ormskirk, West Lancs, Liverpool & Sefton)
Holmeswood Methodist School is part of the OWLS Teacher Training group - a Schools Direct Teacher Training Provider accredited by Edge Hill University.
We offer a full-time Primary Education Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) Programme awarding up to 60 masters level credits and recommendation for Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
OWLS is a group of eleven successful Primary Schools in Ormskirk, Wigan, Lancashire and Sefton working together to provide the teachers of tomorrow with outstanding ‘on the job’ training.
How to Apply
All applications have to be submitted through UCAS:
- From main UCAS site log onto teacher training
- Find a programme
- OWLS can be found under North West (training provider code 3D5D)
- Complete application
- If you would like any further information please contact Barbara Stevens at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07752810961.
The schools in the OWLS cluster are:
- Aughton Town Green Primary School
- Newburgh CE Primary School
- Bishop David Sheppard CE Primary School
- Farnborough Road Infant School
- Farnborough Road Junior School
- Aughton Christ Church CE School
- Aughton St. Michael’s CE School
- All Saints CE School, Hesketh Bank
- St Phillips C.E. School Litherland
- LIPA Primary School Liverpool
- Holmeswood Methodist School
(West Lancs Small Schools Cluster)
Holmeswood is one of the founder members of the West Lancs Small Schools Cluster, formed over 20 years ago to address the specific needs of numerous small schools in our area.
I currently preside as Chair of the cluster and help coordinate projects including:
Key Stage Network Meetings
Joint CPD & Moderation events
3D Printer Project (for which we have won a Lancashire Excellent Award, click here for more details)
All our member school have around 100 or less pupils on roll, and include:
- Banks Methodist Primary
- Bickerstaffe CE Primary
- Crawford Village Primary
- Dalton St Michaels CE Primary
- Downholland Haskayne CE Primary
- Holmeswood Methodist Primary
- Lathom Park CE Primary
- Mere Brow CE Primary
- Mossy Lea Community Primary
- Newburgh CE Primary
- Our Lady's RC, Parbold
- Pinfold Community Primary
- Richard Durnings Endowed Primary
- Roby Mill CE Primary
- St Jospeph's RC, Wrightington
- St Mark's CE, Scarisbrick
- St Mary's RC, Scarisbrick
- Westhead Lathom St James CE